This ad is expired.
Staff - Early Childhood Educator II
Min Salary: $29,000.00
Temporary End Date (if applicable):
General Statement of Job:
The Early Childhood Educator II oversees day-to-day toddler and preschool classroom operations. Plans and implements curriculum that encourages advancement of children's physical, intellectual, and social/emotional development. Provides a classroom program that builds and strengthens positive help concepts and individual strengths of children. Establishes and maintains a safe and healthy learning environment. Supervises, guides, and interacts with children indoors and outdoors. Observes and documents children's development and provides feedback to parents and guardians.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and implements curriculum that encourages advancement of childrens physical, intellectual, and social/emotional development.
- Develops and implements activities that promote good health habits and integrate the health and nutrition components into the classroom.
- Provides a classroom program that builds and strengthens positive help concepts and individual strengths of children.
- Establishes and maintains a safe and healthy learning environment.
- Creates and implements lesson planning with Early Childhood Educator I and other staff.
- Implements all necessary documentation to demonstrate compliance with center policies and procedures.
- Implements and ensures state and local health and safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Serves daily meals while maintaining sanitation rules/regulations and the Child and Adult Food Care Program requirements.
- Supervises, guides, and interacts with children indoors and outdoors.
- Nurtures childrens social and emotional development demonstrating affection and emotional support.
- Adheres to adult/child ratios as required by state regulations and national accreditation guidelines.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with children, families, staff and students.
- Observes and documents childrens development and provides feedback to parents and guardians.
- Works cooperatively with support staff in the provision of direct services and the development of goals for the children with disabilities.
- Oversees maintenance, upkeep, and inventory of classroom, supplies, materials and equipment.
- Adheres to the Colleges rules and regulations.
- Maintains confidentiality of program staff and child information.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and trainings to increase professional knowledge, skills, and competencies, as assigned.
- Maintains familiarity with child care center regulations and national accreditation guidelines.
- Mentors and oversees Early Childhood Educator I, field study students from Child Development and Early Childhood programs and part-time employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in Child Development or related field required; must have a minimum of 18 college hours in child development or related field.
- At least five (5) years of experience in a child care center environment required.
Checks, Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Security Sensitive position: All applicants are subject to a criminal background check under South Texas College policy.
- In addition, subject to federal background check.
- Must have complete immunization records and physical examination in compliance with Texas Health and Human Services Child Care Licensing Standards and the National Accreditation Commission.
- Adult and Pediatric CPR and First Aid certifications required or must be obtained within six (6) months of hire.
- Food Handler certificate, preferred.
Annual Security Report and Non-Discrimination Statements:
Notice of Non-Discrimination
South Texas College is an equal education and equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. South Texas College does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination against any employee, applicant for employment, student, or applicant for admission on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, parental status, disabilities, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable local, state, or federal law. Conduct that excludes participation, denies benefits or subjects others to discrimination is prohibited. The College complies with all applicable policies and state and federal legislation in order to combat discrimination.
For more information, please review College Policy #4216 "Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, Stalking, and Retaliation Prohibited": https://admin.southtexascollege.edu/president/policies/pdf/4000/4216.pdf
The following person has been designated as the Title IX Coordinator to handle inquiries regarding all forms of discrimination, harassment or retaliation, including sexual misconduct:
Maria G. Elizondo
Vice President for Finance and Administration Services, Title IX Coordinator
3201 W. Pecan Blvd., X 224
McAllen, Texas 78501
More information about gender-based sexual harassment, sexual assault or other sexual misconduct, including Title IX, can be found here: https://www.southtexascollege.edu/about/notices/title-ix.html
It is the policy of the College to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. For accommodations for Faculty and Staff, please contact the colleges Office of Human Resources at 956-872-4448. For accommodations for Students, please contact Student Disability Services at 956-872-2173.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding disability:
Laura Requena, MBA, MPAcc, PHR, SHRM-CP
Director of Human Resources, Title IX Deputy Coordinator and 504 Coordinator
2501 W. Pecan Blvd.
McAllen, Texas 78501
Santa E. Pena, M.Ed., LPC-S
Director of Counseling, Title IX Deputy Coordinator, and 504 Coordinator
3201 W. Pecan Blvd.
McAllen, Texas 78501
File a report of discrimination here:
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1990, the Colleges annual security report is available at:
For additional information and to apply, visit https://stcjobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/15290
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency