This ad is expired.
North Central State College is accepting applications for Director of Early Head Start and Child Care. The Director reports to the Vice President of Business Services/CFO and is responsible for Early Head Start, Ohio Department of Education Early Learning, Child Care, Child and Adult Care Food Program and the overall operation of the Child Development Center.
Essential duties/responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
System Development and Evaluation/Department Management
- Responsible for the design of internal structures, systems and polices to support Center mission; ensure adequate systems in place to maintain highest quality of services to children and families in compliance with Ohio Department of Job & Family Services Child Care Licensing, including Step Up To Quality, Ohio Department of Education and Early Head Start Program Performance Standards
- Ensure consistency in service delivery across program with attention to inclusive practices, and integration of component areas and continuous improvement of systems
- Ensure coordination among funders with the Center and the College
- Participate in development of program interagency agreements and community partnerships
- Coordinate Program Governance and conduct monthly meetings for parent committee, policy council and governing board
- Exercises organizational leadership in the development and implementation of appropriate curriculum and administrative systems, parenting relations, marketing and public relations, etc.
- Process, analyze and summarize information in order to prepare reports
- Plan and facilitate regular leadership team meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Establish Center's short and long-term goals and objectives
- Serve as an advocate for staff, children and families at all levels within the organization and as a Head Start representative in the local, state, regional and national communities
- Develop and promote relationships and collaborations with external agencies, public school districts, organizations of higher education and other community agencies and partners
- Work cooperatively with other College departments to meet goals, support the department's mission and serve the target population
- Establish guidelines and ensure maintenance of comprehensive and current record keeping systems for activities and operations including confidential information about children
- Stay abreast of developments in the field
- Other duties as assigned
Fiscal Management Budget and Grants
- Develop and administer the annual budget for the child care, Early Head Start, Ohio Department of Education Early Learning grant and Child and Adult Care Food Program for the Child Development Center. Prepare monthly fiscal reports for Program Governance and the College
- Oversee the efforts of Assistant Director and Child & Family Coordinator in monitoring and control of program expenditures
- Oversee systems and processes for reimbursement from subsidized care and food programs
- Monitor revenue and expenses for all programs, looking for opportunities to increase revenue
- Purchase instructional supplies, materials and equipment
- Monitor the preparation of grant applications to assure adequacy and timeliness
- Other duties as assignee
Personnel Management and Supervision
- Determine staffing requirements and ensure adherence to College and department policies and procedures
- Hire, coach, mentor and evaluate the performance of family visitors, kitchen staff, administrative assistant, Child and Family Coordinator and Assistant Director; responsible for all employees of the Center overall
- Review application materials, select interviewees and conduct interviews in collaboration with Child & Family Coordinator and Assistant Director
- Ensure employees receive sufficient orientation and training including safety practices and procedures
- Schedule employees for work and assign tasks in collaboration with Assistant Director. Review employee record of time worked to verify accuracy; approve or deny requests for leaves of absence, overtime, vacation, etc.
- Review employee work methods for safety, effectiveness and adherence to established standards
- Encourage and support professional development opportunities
- Evaluate employee performance; counsel employees as needed
- Counsel and/or discipline employees relative to conduct issues
- Ensure effective communication of information to all employees; promote a consistent exchange of information across the program and College
- Maintain files of employee documentation
- Facilitate resolution of conflicts
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Child and Family Interaction
- Substitute for teachers in classrooms
- Meet with individual families as needed; refer families to other agencies as needed
- Identify and report child abuse and neglect in compliance with state and local laws
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education, Child & Family Studies or related field
Experience: Five years' work experience providing care and educational programming for children ranging in age from prenatal through kindergarten entry, including three years leadership/management and supervisory experience managing an early childhood program and/or childcare operation with fiscal and personnel responsibilities.
Please express your interest in this position by submitting a letter of application and résumé to:
http://www.ncstatecollege.edu, Click on Jobs then email@example.com
or send to
NORTH CENTRAL STATE COLLEGE
Attention: Human Resources
2441 Kenwood Circle, Mansfield, OH 44906
Resumes will be reviewed beginning 2/8/2021 and until filled.
North Central State College is an Equal Employment Opportunity institution. We value campus diversity and demonstrate this in campus initiatives. We particularly encourage members of historically under-represented groups to apply.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency