- Child Development/ Early Childhood Education Adjunct Instructor
- Go to our website »
Child Development/ Early Childhood Education Adjunct Instructor
Posting Number: F00994
Location: Los Medanos College
Description of Position:
The ECE department is looking to increase our pool of part-time faculty. Some teaching assignments may be at a local high school students with high school students, at the LMC Pittsburg and Brentwood Campus, or online.
We are looking for professionals who have direct work experience in early childhood education. We use high impact practices to support student success and engage in strategies to close the opportunity gap. If you are passionate about the field of early childhood education/child development and passionate about supporting student success, please apply.
Contact Department Chairperson Janice Townsend via email
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: L6003-Child Development
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
Masters in child development, early childhood education, human development, home economics/family and consumer studies with a specializationin child development/early childhood education or educational psychology with a specialization in child development/early childhood education
OR Bachelors in any of the above
AND Masters in social work, educational supervision, elementary education, special education, psychology, bilingual/bicultural education, life management/home economics, family life studies or family and consumer studies
OR the equivalent
- Experience working with high school and/or college students
- Experience working with infants and toddlers
- Experience using the desired results developmental profile, project approach, and trauma informed teaching.
Job Open Date: 05/08/2023
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Employment Begins: August 2023
# of Months: 4
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/9686
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency