This ad is expired.
Bilingual Spanish Educational Assistant, Early Childhood Education (PT LTE)
Salary: $19.96 - $24.96 Hourly
Job Type: Specially - Funded (Part-Time)
Job Number: 2021-03556
Location: Multi-Campus, WI
Division: Community & Human Services Pathway
- This is a part-time (up to 19 hours per week), specially-funded position through June 30, 2022, with the possibility of extension.
- Hours include evenings, between the hours of 5:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m., and Saturdays, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., based on class scheduling.
- Position will work primarily at West Allis and Downtown Campuses, and work performed will be in-person.
Under the supervision of the Dean, provides individualized or group related learning support to students who fall in a program under the Learn Pillar. Assists in the Learning process by providing professional services for the specific courses the Educational Assistant is assigned to. Work is generally diversified based on individual needs of the instructor and student. Judgment and analysis are required in making decisions within established procedures. Daily responsibilities are completed independently using established policies and general objectives with occasional supervisory contact for policy clarification or interpretation.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Assumes responsibility for the maintenance of the spaces assigned; establishes and enforces regulations related to the equipment used; manages inventory of supplies and equipment; creates purchase orders for needed equipment and supplies while working with Faculty and Dean to identify needed inventory and supplies
- Supports specific departments in providing smooth delivery of semester startup packets and instructional materials to improve service and efficiency for students and faculty.
- Works closely with student services to understand possible learning needs and helps create adaptive materials in conjunction with the instructor
- Provides alternative support for specific academic skills, consistent with classroom instruction and in conjunction with Faculty instruction if needed
- Encourages learning and study skill behaviors that help students to accomplish their academic goals
- Assists with makeup testing and proctoring services for MATC students
- Updates inventory and other data; prepares relevant reports
- Acts as a liaison between students and faculty
- Provides support for specialized software as related to the center's specialty.
- Participates in related in-service training, workshops, divisional meetings, and other educational activities as required.
- Performs other related duties as required for the efficient operations of the division.
Educational Assistant - Pathway
Education RequiredAssociate's DegreeBachelor's DegreeExperience Required7 years4 years
Required License/Certification: None.
Preferred License/Certification: CPR/First Aid Certification.
Special Skill Required: Must be bilingual in Spanish/English, with the ability to read, write and speak.
- Cultivates innovation
- Optimizes work processes
- Ensures accountability
- Interpersonal savvy
- Communicates effectively
- Instills trust
- Customer focus
- Action oriented
- Values differences
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Familiarity with the instructional process and use of instructional media.
- Skilled in operating and maintaining specialized equipment and software.
- Organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand and support the student-teacher relationship.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, teachers, and the general public.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively through both oral and written means.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Word to create inventory and other various reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors and contractors.
- Ability to order needed supplies while understanding budget constraints.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse educational and socio-economic backgrounds.
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/matc/jobs/3291541/bilingual-spanish-educational-assistant-early-childhood-education-pt-lte
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-e85c084d5d44a544adf0698f84d25df0